Landscape Order Checklist
Before starting any project, make sure to check with local building codes to see if permits are required.
Please read our Terms and Conditions
- Properly calculate materials needed. Always double check your calculations.
- Order an extra 5% – 10% of your total amount of interlock / wall stone to account for wastage / cuts.
- Look at product in person to verify style and colour is correct for your project.
- Laying Pattern: Many pavers / slabs have more than one pattern that can be installed. Check each company’s catalogue / website for more information.
- Proper protective gear such as: steel toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, dust masks, ear plugs, knee pads, etc.
- Proper tools for installation
- Aggregates: for base, bedding, and drainage
- Geosynthetics such as geotextile and geogrid are used to stabilize and reinforce terrain
- Edge Restraints and Spikes: It is very important to have plastic edging or a curb surrounding your pavers / slabs to keep them interlocked. The spikes will keep plastic edging in place.
- Polymeric Sand: A sand used to fill the joints of your pavers / slabs. It has a resin mixed in that hardens when water is applied. This will help to keep everything interlocked, prevent weed growth and deter ants.
- Construction Adhesives: to stabilize wall stones, capping, etc.
- Sealers (Optional): to protect interlock or change appearance
- Landscape Lighting (Optional): to create a stunning visual when the sun goes down
- Delivery Placement: Please specify or clearly mark where you want material placed on site, otherwise it will be placed curbside.